Fit for a Queen! Five-star hotel, a stone’s throw from Buckingham Palace, offers two-night £48,000 Platinum Jubilee package that includes dinner by Tom Kerridge, Rolls Royce transfers and ‘gold leaf’ afternoon tea
- The Corinthia, in Whitehall Place, has created a ‘royal experience’ two-night Jubilee break costing £24,000pp
- Guests checking in will get a Roll Royce Phantom transfer, private butler, spa treatments and dinner cooked by Tom Kerridge plus a premium afternoon tea that includes ‘gold leaf’ finger sandwiches
- Five-star hotel, close to Buckingham Palace, told The Sunday Times it had interest from overseas tourists
- Lavish break can be taken between June 1st and 11th – Platinum Jubilee four-day weekend starts on June 2nd
Now less than a month away, the Platinum Jubilee presents a right royal opportunity for London’s hotels to cash in on the nation celebrating the Queen’s 70 years on the throne.
One five-star hotel, the swish Corinthia in Whitehall Place, has created a two-night stay during the bank holiday that is so luxurious any member of the Windsor family might fancy checking in.
the catch? The break comes with an eye-watering £48,000 price tag, based on two sharing the luxury residence’s royal penthouse suite.
So, what do you get for £16,000 per person per night? The hotel promises those jetting into London’s airports a chauffeur-driven transfer in a Rolls Royce Phantom, and any travel fatigue can be ironed out with butler-served cocktails on your very own suite balcony.
Scroll down for video
The five-star Corinthia, in Whitehall Place, has created a ‘royal experience’ two-night Platinum Jubilee package costing £24,000pp for a two-night break, which includes a stay in the luxurious royal penthouse suite
Serving up dinner during the glitzy mini-break – available from June 1st to June 11th – will be top chef Tom Kerridge, with The Great British Menu’s Nick Beardshaw also on hand to create gourmet dishes
Beats to Uber! Guests checking in will get a Roll Royce Phantom transfer from the airport and a private butler assigned when they check in – with Middle East and US tourist apparently showing interest in the luxury break, according to a source at the hotel
And one of the nation’s most famous chefs, Tom Kerridge, will cook up a storm for those booking the glitzy package.
Also in the offing is ESPA spa treatments, a pimped-up traditional afternoon tea with finger sandwiches ‘adorned with caviar and gold leaf’ served with ‘specially blended Canton tea’ and flutes of vintage Krug Champagne.
There’s access to private guided tours of the city, including a two-wheel adventure on heritage brand Brompton bikes and a Champagne breakfast in bed.
The lavish stay, available on dates between June 1st and June 11th, ends with a late check-out so guests can ‘enjoy a relaxing lunch on your private terrace before departing with your luxury hamper filled with memories of your very Royal experience.’
THE CORINTHIA HOTEL’S ROYAL EXPERIENCE: WHAT £48,000 BUYS GUESTS CHECKING IN
The London property promises guests checking in for its royal experience a host of premium perks including cocktails while watching Trooping the Color and a Champagne breakfast in bed
- British Afternoon Tea: Guests are served by a private butler and will enjoy finger sandwiches adorned with caviar and gold leaf, fine pastries created by the hotel’s head pastry chef, hand-made scones with Devon clotted cream and English strawberry jam. To drink there’s ‘rare specially blended Canton tea’ and a vintage bottle of Krug Champagne
- Cocktails while watching Trooping the Colour: Those checking in on Thursday June 2nd can sip cocktails ‘served in the finest crystal and canapés adorned in gold’ while enjoying the historic fly-by
- Spa treatments: The hotel’s ESPA Life team are on hand to offer massages in private treatment rooms
- Dinner by a Michelin-starred chef: Tom Kerridge and The Great British Menu’s Nick Beardshaw are at the helm
- Champagne breakfast in bed: Before heading out on Brompton Bikes for a private Royal tour of London
- Final terrace lunch: Guest will dine on their private terrace before departing with a luxury hamper
The lavish break can be taken any time between June 1st and 11th – with the Platinum Jubilee four-day weekend starting on Thursday June 2nd
A traditional afternoon tea features finger sandwiches ‘adorned with caviar and gold leaf’ served with ‘specially blended Canton tea’ and flutes of vintage Krug Champagne
Also in the offing are ESPA spa treatments in private massage rooms and a dip in the hotel’s stunning swimming pool
The hotel maintains that in spite of the stratospheric pricing for the June bank holiday stay, the fanfare break has received interest from customers both in the Middle East and the US.
Speaking to The Sunday Times, a spokesperson for the hotel defended the £48,000 price tag, saying: ‘If you saw what Tom Kerridge normally charges to come into your home and cook you dinner, this is a relative bargain.’